Friday, September 9, 2011

...third week of school... & ...part two...

Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. (Isaiah 55:2 KJV)



This was a pretty busy week - third week of school with a Monday holiday. We spent the weekend getting to know several families. Everyone here is so friendly and loving. We've been very blessed so far.



On Monday, Jason helped Joelle make her world cake. Joelle wanted carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. She insisted that I outline the globe cake, but she quickly made adjustments such as adding the Yucatan Peninsula that I had not properly represented in my outlining. She frosted the map cake entirely on her own.




Tuesday we crammed in two days of school and missed PE class and Boy Scouts only to discover that Wednesday and Thursday were fairly light. We'll make it to PE and Scouts next week. :) It was very nice to receive a personal call from a new friend saying that my kids were missed at PE!

We saved all the "fun" stuff for Friday; spending time at a pond so that Barry could gather "specimens" for a science experiment, making "Matthew" bookmarks, and creating sand art paintings. Tomorrow we plan to visit the bookstore and library.









Wednesday evening we went to dinner with a family who had been interviewing with My Father's World the previous day. They are a truly awesome family. Their experiences are similar to ours and it was a blessing to hear their stories of God's Faithfulness and Provision. I was reminded of these traits of my Savior and encouraged to follow the example of faithfulness of my Father.



In doing so, I came across the verse above in a "daily bread" type of devotional. I actually didn't believe it was scripture when I first read it and thought I was reading a paraphrase. But after further study I found the above in the KJV! God is so hip! The thought of being fat with God just caught my attention. I pray that I will be so fat in the LORD, that I ooze Jesus. :)



After 2.5 years, Jason returned to the state of our dreaded accident. :) He is in Flagstaff, AZ. this weekend, less than one hour from Winslow, AZ. where our trailer flipped on I-40. While reflecting on that night, I was reminded of what Barry had said in his youthful wisdom.



Shortly before we embarked on our cross-country trip in March of 2009 our church had hosted a speaker - Al Menconi. He talked about how Jesus resembles a fist and each person is like an open hand. In all our circumstances - good, bad or ugly - God is continuing to mold us to look like Jesus. The fingers must go; all the things that keep us from looking like Jesus. And, yes, it may be painful.



Those two windy, dusty days in Winslow brought a lot of questions for our lives, but Barry quickly reminded us of what Al Menconi had shared. This was just a time of God molding us and making us more like him.



As I look over the last two and a half years I am in awe and thankfulness for what God has done for our family. His Faithfulness and Provision have been ever present and, in many times what seemed to us, miraculous! It is an honor and a blessing to be molded and used by the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! It sounds like God has fattened you with many blessings in Missouri! Miss you!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete