Saturday, September 3, 2011

...part one...

As I was writing Friday's blog post about school I was thinking that we really hadn't done much this week. Then I realized I had been focusing on the "school" part of the week and suddenly I began to remember other parts of the week. Here are a few highlights from our week.

Monday - We took a spontaneous 30 minute (one way) drive to Waynesville to visit what we believe to be the nearest Starbucks. (If any Rolla people know of a place closer, PLEASE let us know!)

Tuesday - The homeschool PE class at The Center began this day. Barry and Joelle attended and they both loved it and plan to return. Thankfully, due to MFW connections and attending church a couple times, they already knew one or two other kids their ages.

Wednesday - Erin and Barry attended youth group again at Vineyard. They both enjoyed it and met new friends. Erin was approached by a girl Barry's age. The girl said, "Your brother's cute!" Erin wasn't really sure how to respond so she said, "Thanks!" That's my boy - quite the charmer. Or, as the SMRBC girls would call him - Foxy Caleb.

Thursday - We had our first visitors from Virginia!! Mark and Linda Whitworth have roots in Missouri. They were passing through the area on their way to a family gathering in Windermere and we met them for dinner! It was great to see familiar faces and get to know them even more. We know Mark and Linda from church and Erin got to know them well during the many weeks she spent playing with Mark in the worship band at the International Learning Center.

Sometime during the week - either Wednesday or Thursday - I rearranged the furniture in the family room. It now feels a little more roomy and homey. The kitchen still drives me a little crazy. While it has more cabinet and counter space than our last house, it has a lot less walking space. Two people in the kitchen is one too many! I'm still trying to habit myself into coordinating meal times, dishes, and laundry better to make it all less frustrating. And, to think I wanted to live in a travel trailer! What was I thinking!?

Joelle has met some neighborhood girls and spent time outside playing with them this week. One of them has a treehouse and they all have scooters! :) Please pray for Joelle's continued spiritual growth and her witness in these relationships. Mine as well! So far it's been a new learning experience.

Friday - Nothing much. :) We finished school work - except for the world cake. Cleaned rooms and finished chores and laundry so we could enjoy the weekend. We had loaded potato soup for dinner in bread bowls that Jason bought from Panera. YUM! I didn't know you could buy those! Then we watched a movie together - PROM.

We had planned to go to St. Louis on Saturday, but we remembered that we have dogs. You can't just up and leave for an entire day without making plans for dogs to either be watched by someone, boarded at a kennel, or taken with. None of those options seemed feasible the night before the planned leave. It's way too hot to attempt taking them. So, we're going to stay in the area and have a relaxed Saturday.

Sunday and Monday we have plans for dinner with new friends.

Enjoy your holiday weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your week! It makes me feel like you're just down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amy. Sadly, I feel like I'm getting to know you better now that you've moved than when we lived in the same city. I see cars like your all the time and miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete